There are eight classes of membership of the Institute as follows:
- Full members
- Associate Members
- Graduate Members
- Student Members
- Honourary Fellows
- Honourary Members
- Foreign Members
Application for membership except in the case of Honourary members and Honourary Fellows shall be made to the Honourary General Secretary and admission to membership shall be by a majority decision of the Executive Council. The Institute may confer honourary membership on deserving persons; on the recommendation of the Executive Council only.
Application for membership shall be made on a form obtainable from the Secretariat for consideration of the Executive Council. All applications shall give sufficient documentation about the applicant’s qualifications to enable the Executive Council decide the appropriate class of membership to which the applicant shall be elected.
Requirements in Respect of Membership Application Forms
1. Photocopies of documents to be attached to application form:
- Ordinary Level Certificate or its equivalent
- Advance Level Certificate or its equivalent (if any)
- B.Sc. Arch., M.Sc. Arch Certificates or their equivalent
- N.Y.S.C. Certificate – (Discharge or exemption)
- Nigerian Institute of Architects’ Certificate of Professional Competence (if application is for Full Registration)
- Nigerian Institute of Architects’ Finals 2 Certificate (where school attended is not accredited or recognized)
- Evidence of change of name (if applicable)
The NIA insists on candidates possessing the minimum requirements for studying
Architecture as follows:
Credits in G.C.E “O” Level or its equivalents to include: Mathematics, Physics, English plus any other two subjects but preferably chosen from the following:- Fine Arts, Chemistry, Economics & Geography.
2. All copies of credentials being submitted by applicant must have “Original seen by me” and duly signed and dated with name of the signatory (who must be a current Council Member) after sighting the originals.
3. Originals of Certificates should be produced on request.
4. Details or experience to be stated on supplementary form and attached to application form
5. Referees must be full members of the Institute. At least one of the referees must have been a member of not less than 5years’ standing, while the second referee must have been a member of not less than 3 years standing. All referees must current on dues payment.
6. It is the duty of the applicant to find out the financial status of the referees.
8. In the event of any of the two referees not being a financial member of the Institute, the application forms of the applicant would be rejected and the applicant would be required to purchase new application forms from the NIA Secretariat
10. Two copies of your passport photograph duly endorsed by one of the Referees as follows: “True appearance of Mr./Mrs./Miss_________________________” dated and signed.
Every member who has complied fully with the requirements for admission and paid his Admission fees and first annual subscription as prescribed in the By-Laws, may be formally introduced and admitted at any of the Institute functions (Dinners and General Meetings)
A member of the Institute shall be required to be actively involved in the activities of the Institute and shall be required to be a member of a State Chapter and/or serve in at least one Committee or Sub-Committee of the Institute.
Click here to join now!
Dpto. Internacional CSCAE
The Internationalisation grants for young graduates
UIA Member Sections
Please, find below and download some information concerning Internationalisation grants that San Sebastian Economic Development Agency has launched for young graduates under 30. All grants will be financed by Fomento de San Sebastián.
Click to Download GT Grants 2015
Click to Download Information Letter 2014
- 6-8 months
- Targeted at young graduates under 30.
- Academic requirements: University degree or higher professional training.
- Allowance: €1,124.77/month covered by Fomento de San Sebastián.
- Geographical area: Worldwide.
The ultimate goal is to enchance young graduates' skills through their participation in a specific project at an architectural office (in our case) to improve their knowledge, competence and skills and to enter the labour market.
The number of grants awarded will be 80 for all professional sectors.
We would be very grateful if you could spread this information to your members. Please, note that the deadline for the offices to send their expressions of interest has been extended to next Monday, 20 April.
Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation,
Arc Ibrahim Sani Khalil, fnia, PhD
Hon General Secretary
NIA is a member of the International Union of Architects (UIA), a founding member of both the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) and the Africa Union of Architects (AUA) and other organization within and outside Nigeria
AFRICAN CONSTRUCTION AND TOTALLY CONCRETE WEST AFRICA CONFERENCE & EXPO
The African Construction Expo and Totally Concrete West Africa taking place 1 – 3 September in Lagos is the only event in the West African cement, concrete and construction industries that will bring together all stakeholders in the region in preparation for massive infrastructure development driven by urbanisation.
The event caters for the entire West African region, with a strong focus on Nigeria as the leading economy on the continent. The African Construction Expo and Totally Concrete West Africa will feature an interactive technology expo and focused cement and concrete pre-conference seminar.
The two day conference is focused on construction and infrastructure trends in the region covering a range of topics including: gaining access to project capital; how to successfully build megacity’s in West Africa through bulk housing development and the creation of transportation nodes; innovation in design and building material; and how to leverage the growth of Nigeria’s energy sector though construction projects.
· To encourage the efficient use of concrete, and facilitate learning amongst all stakeholders within the concrete and construction eco-systems
· To create dialogue among government/policy decision-makers and the private sector.
· To promote, enhance and strengthen inter-country and regional partnerships and joint ventures.
· Create a learning and knowledge platform that allows the South African and African concrete sector to remain adaptable, motivated and responsive as an industry
50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE COMMONWEALTH ASSOCIATION OF ARCHITECTS (CAA)
Click to Download
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 4