There are eight classes of membership of the Institute as follows:
- Full members
- Associate Members
- Graduate Members
- Student Members
- Honourary Fellows
- Honourary Members
- Foreign Members
Application for membership except in the case of Honourary members and Honourary Fellows shall be made to the Honourary General Secretary and admission to membership shall be by a majority decision of the Executive Council. The Institute may confer honourary membership on deserving persons; on the recommendation of the Executive Council only.
Application for membership shall be made on a form obtainable from the Secretariat for consideration of the Executive Council. All applications shall give sufficient documentation about the applicant’s qualifications to enable the Executive Council decide the appropriate class of membership to which the applicant shall be elected.
Requirements in Respect of Membership Application Forms
1. Photocopies of documents to be attached to application form:
- Ordinary Level Certificate or its equivalent
- Advance Level Certificate or its equivalent (if any)
- B.Sc. Arch., M.Sc. Arch Certificates or their equivalent
- N.Y.S.C. Certificate – (Discharge or exemption)
- Nigerian Institute of Architects’ Certificate of Professional Competence (if application is for Full Registration)
- Nigerian Institute of Architects’ Finals 2 Certificate (where school attended is not accredited or recognized)
- Evidence of change of name (if applicable)
The NIA insists on candidates possessing the minimum requirements for studying
Architecture as follows:
Credits in G.C.E “O” Level or its equivalents to include: Mathematics, Physics, English plus any other two subjects but preferably chosen from the following:- Fine Arts, Chemistry, Economics & Geography.
2. All copies of credentials being submitted by applicant must have “Original seen by me” and duly signed and dated with name of the signatory (who must be a current Council Member) after sighting the originals.
3. Originals of Certificates should be produced on request.
4. Details or experience to be stated on supplementary form and attached to application form
5. Referees must be full members of the Institute. At least one of the referees must have been a member of not less than 5years’ standing, while the second referee must have been a member of not less than 3 years standing. All referees must current on dues payment.
6. It is the duty of the applicant to find out the financial status of the referees.
8. In the event of any of the two referees not being a financial member of the Institute, the application forms of the applicant would be rejected and the applicant would be required to purchase new application forms from the NIA Secretariat
10. Two copies of your passport photograph duly endorsed by one of the Referees as follows: “True appearance of Mr./Mrs./Miss_________________________” dated and signed.
Every member who has complied fully with the requirements for admission and paid his Admission fees and first annual subscription as prescribed in the By-Laws, may be formally introduced and admitted at any of the Institute functions (Dinners and General Meetings)
A member of the Institute shall be required to be actively involved in the activities of the Institute and shall be required to be a member of a State Chapter and/or serve in at least one Committee or Sub-Committee of the Institute.
Click here to join now!
Dpto. Internacional CSCAE
The Internationalisation grants for young graduates
UIA Member Sections
Please, find below and download some information concerning Internationalisation grants that San Sebastian Economic Development Agency has launched for young graduates under 30. All grants will be financed by Fomento de San Sebastián.
Click to Download GT Grants 2015
Click to Download Information Letter 2014
- 6-8 months
- Targeted at young graduates under 30.
- Academic requirements: University degree or higher professional training.
- Allowance: €1,124.77/month covered by Fomento de San Sebastián.
- Geographical area: Worldwide.
The ultimate goal is to enchance young graduates' skills through their participation in a specific project at an architectural office (in our case) to improve their knowledge, competence and skills and to enter the labour market.
The number of grants awarded will be 80 for all professional sectors.
We would be very grateful if you could spread this information to your members. Please, note that the deadline for the offices to send their expressions of interest has been extended to next Monday, 20 April.
Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation,
Arc Ibrahim Sani Khalil, fnia, PhD
Hon General Secretary
NIA is a member of the International Union of Architects (UIA), a founding member of both the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) and the Africa Union of Architects (AUA) and other organization within and outside Nigeria
NOTICE OF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Date: Arrival Wednesday 29th April, 2015
Council Meeting: Wednesday 29th April, 2015
Time: 4:00PM Prompt
Venue: Nicon Luxury, Plot 903 Tafawa Balewa way, Area 11 Garki, Abuja.
This is for your information and attendance.
Arc. Ibrahim Sani Khalil, fnia PhD
Honorary General Secretary
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 4